On Thu, 19 Jan 2023, Jason Barnett wrote:

Page 3 of their setup guide documents how to install it.  A quick perusal
suggests that you need a licence key to use even the community version.  I
could be wrong as I do not use it and only spent about 30 seconds in
researching it.
https://bacula.org/whitepapers/CommunityInstallationGuide.pdf
https://www.bacula.org/bacula-binary-package-download/

I've been using Bacula since 2007 or so and have never been asked for nor needed a license key. We currently back up several hundred terabytes to tape every month (which I think qualifies as "real use"), plus a bunch more to disk, all without a licence.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com