From: PLUG <plug-boun...@pdxlinux.org> On Behalf Of Rich Shepard
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2023 10:43 AM
To: plug@pdxlinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] mini-phone plug splitters

Can I stack two mini-phone plug splitters?

I have three audio output devices: the ProSonus speakers, the Panasonic
headphone, and the Yamaha headset. Now, the speakers and headset are on a
spliter originating in the rear panel front speaker output jack. Can I add
another splitter to keep the headphone connected, too, rather than turning the
desktop and switching headphone/headset in the one splitter?

pavucontrol's configuration _should_ allow me to select the output device, or
send the sound to all devices (with the speakers off.)

Or, I could buy a 2-in, 1-out (or 4-in, 1 out) dual-direction splitter and
connect the 'in' to the desktop's audio jack and the three output devices to
the 'out' jacks and manually switch among them.

Your thoughts?