On 4/23/23 10:02, Rich Shepard wrote:
I installed the Brave-browser on my Lenovo ThinkPad T430. When I downloaded
some files it didn't ask me where to put them but created a Download
directory in ~/. I don't use a Download directory. Looking at all Brave
settings I don't see where to specify either 'ask me' or ~/.

Suggestions?

Rich

Click on the "hamburger" icon, second row, right side, and select "Settings". Drag the list on the left down to "Downloads". That will let you pick a place to save things by default. Otherwise, right click on what you want to save, and you should have the option to pick someplace other than the default.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens