On Mon, 24 Apr 2023 07:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>I'm building and installing many packages on the ThinkPad T430.
>Yesterday, after several hours the browser would not download a file
>until I reloaded the web page. I've not seen this happen on any
>browser or host.
>
>It's a bit annoying, not a critical issue, and I'm curious why it may
>have started yesterday. The same issue is occurring today.

I can't answer your question directly, but my recent experience may
give you some ideas.

I first started using the Brave browser a week or two ago, and
yesterday I finally got it configured the way I want it. It took so
long because:

1) Documentation is thin and out of date. My version (installed on
Xubuntu 22.04 via snap) is Version 1.50.125 Chromium: 112.0.5615.165
(Official Build) (64-bit). But when I search for help on a particular
problem almost every hit gives me solutions that are impossible because
the folders/files/buttons don't exist in my Brave. Apparently every
single upgrade, even tiny ones, requires completely rewriting the user
interface, yet all the web sites with help instructions refer to
something several versions back.

2) There are bugs galore, frequently things that change how things
work. For example, I installed three extensions and they worked well. I
added a four extension and it wouldn't finish downloading. I tried
several others and they wouldn't finish downloading either. It took me
six hours of searching everywhere until I finally, accidentally,
discovered that the problem was that I wasn't logged in to my Google
account. That solved the problem, but then several days later
extensions wouldn't complete the download again. In the settings I
discovered that I was no longer logged into Google. What a PITA. I
never had to log in to Google to install things in Chromium, Firefox,
or any other browser. I don't know whose idea that was, but it wasn't a
very good one. And if you do have to be logged in to Google in order to
install an extension, an error message stating that would have been
nice.

It took many hours to get all the tabs that I had in Chromium finally
working in Brave, mostly because they required usernames and passwords
which, of course, I had forgotten. And in the process I often needed to
move a tab, but that was a nightmare. Dragging a tab almost always
results in it falling out of the channel, and when that happens the tab
becomes a new window and the tab cannot be dragged back to the window
it was in. And even worse, as soon as the tab becomes a new window
Brave opens a new empty window every second until you release the mouse
button. Now you've got to close the many extra empty windows, and then
you need to open a new empty tab in the original window, and copy and
paste the URL from the one you were trying to move. Dragging tabs needs
serious work, like scrap what's there and start over from scratch.

In spite of the problems, I sort of like the Brave browser. I no longer
need DuckDuckGo, and it seems a tiny bit faster than other browsers.
Most importantly I feel more private, although whether that's really
true, and if it is, how much more, are difficult for me to figure out.
I've uninstalled Chromium, and I'm not planning on going back.