[...] This is probably just some stupid WPA2/3 glitch.

Yeah, that is a plausible theory. Modern radios usually support older ones
without a problem, so my initial N radio vs AC theory didn't really make a
lot of sense (as I said at the time). I like the WPA quirk better.

To reiterate, I'd start by making a back up of the Bullet M2 configuration
(off device, to your laptop or whatever) and then reset to factory
defaults, and then reconfigure it from scratch and see if that helps.

Then I'd try updating to the latest firmware on the Bullet M2 and see if
that helps. There is a new version of ubiquiti firmware as of a few weeks
ago (the website implies it was released May 2, 2023):

  https://www.ui.com/download/airmax-m