Russell Senior <russ...@pdxlinux.org> writes:

> Still no speaker, but Jason Bergstrom floated the idea of: d) just
> meeting up somewhere for "afters", but not-before-or-after-anything
> and rather in-place-of.
>
> That struck me as fun and desirable. Are other people interested in
> just jumping straight to nerd-socializing at 7pm or something? If so,
> does someone want to suggest a centrally-located venue? My thoughts
> turn to one of the Lucky Labs but let's not let my narrow thinking be
> limiting.

Clinton suggests:

  I like Rose City Book Pub.
  https://www.rosecitybookpub.com/

  It tops the Yelp list of quiet bars
  https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Quiet+Bar&find_loc=Portland%2C+OR
  The others are more cocktail/lounge places.

  They have music scheduled for Thursday evening
  https://www.rosecitybookpub.com/events-1?view=calendar&month=05-2023

  but the beer garden, in the back, could be accommodating.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/rose-city-book-pub-portland?select=ayXH7SoX1xlubXA9KZWrEQ

  https://photos.app.goo.gl/qLneSNzzCfjrodpXA

  We should, at least, keep it in mind for future post-talk beer.

  - Clinton

Thoughts?

--
Russell Senior