Good morning, group:

On 2022-02-06 I purchased 4 WD Red 2T 5400rpm hard drives from Amazon for
the MediaSonic Pro external hard drive.

The two drives in slots 3 and 4 were combined into a logical volume and used
for daily dirvish backups. Earlier this year the LV failed. I repartioned
those two drives and installed xfs on them because that's what pros here
recommended. Now the drive in slot 3 (/dev/sde1) is mounted on /media/bkup1
and the drive in slot 4 (/dev/sdf1) is mounted on /media/bkup2.

Each night, at 00:30 root's crontab runs the dirvish backup; at 01:00 a
crontab script rsync's /media/bkup1 to /media/bkup2.

About a week ago (I forget the exact date) as I prepared to log in to my
desktop server/workstation I found a long display of /dev/sde1 errors on the
console. The kernel (I assume) told me to umount /dev/sde1 and run
xfs_repair on that drive. After reading the xfs_repair man page that's what
I did.

This morning I found a shorter message about an error on /dev/sde1 when I
woke up the monitor. Another run of xfs_repair put the drive back to what it
should be.

I assume that WD Red drives are supposed to last more than 16 months so I
could contact them about it. However, since daily incremental backups are
critical for my business I'm asking for your professional advice: should I
replace that drive (perhaps both backup drives)? If so what brand/model
should I purchase? My internal hard drive is 2T so all the external hard
drives are 2T. All previous external backup drives have been the size of the
internal drive so I don't think a larger drive is warranted.

Reccomendations wanted.

TIA,