I don't think they should stop doing their all-in-one package, but I
don't see how selling their OS in addition would hurt them in any way.

You don't? Why would someone purchase their hardware (besides people who are willing to pay extra for style) when they could get something ugly that is less expensive?

And even if they don't, I am hoping with them being on Intel that
somebody else will find a way just so I can tinker. ;) Not a very legal
route, but I can dream.

I find that sad that you hope that someone will do something illegal. If you want to tinker on a Mac, go grab a Mini. They are only $500.

| This has been a P.L.U.G. mailing. |
|      Don't Fear the Penguin.      |
|  IRC: #utah at irc.freenode.net   |