> When I do price comparisons what I look at is the hardware.
> Compare RAM, hard drive size, video card, etc.  And that is
> when you notice the price difference.  I have to say that
> Apple is coming down more lately, but you still get more bang
> for your buck with a PC.  I could be wrong though, most of my
> comparisons are what I can get at Newegg and not what Dell or
> HP have to offer.  Apple laptops seemed to be on par with
> what I've seen though.  I have an Alienware right now, but
> they aren't known for a trim price tag either.
>
> Eric

Agreed.  When building your own PC Mac can't compete, nor do I think
they want to.  They have more control over what their OS wraps around
when they build the computers themselves.  This is M$'s own niche in the
marketplace (and probably Linux's as well) - ability to hot-swap
components of your computer easily at your control.

Jesse
| This has been a P.L.U.G. mailing. |
|      Don't Fear the Penguin.      |
|  IRC: #utah at irc.freenode.net   |