On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:33:08 -0600, "Stuart Jansen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 11:52 -0600, Tyler Strickland wrote:
> > Yeah, not having subselects makes this sort of thing a _bit_ more
> > complicated, if not downright impossible to do in a single query.
>
> What?! Blasphemy! Nobody needs sub-selects. Monty said so. (Sorry,
> couldn't resist. Flame away.)

Heh.

The MySQL documentation was pretty funny back when the preferred
response to an important feature MySQL didn't have was to claim it
wasn't necessary and even a Bad Idea.  I remember Sasha flaming me for
having the temerity to disagree with experts like Monty who wrote stuff
like "There are so many problems with foreign key constraints that we
don't know where to start."

http://web.archive.org/web/20010608135724/www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Compatibility.html#Broken_Foreign_KEY

/waves to Sasha

-Jonathan