Bradley Dorner wrote:
Placebo, If the Md's with their science come back to
me and ask how this happened. You weren't suppose to
get better. Then I say hurray! If this happened once
then I say possibly. If it happened twice then I say
interesting. If this has been happening for 30 years,
which in my case it has. Then throw the word placebo
out the window.

I agree. IMHO the idea that alternative medicine is nothing but a placebo is foolish. Even if the effect of alternative medicine is purely mental, and the practitioners are doing nothing but encouraging the patients to get better on their own, then alternative medicine could be considered a tactile form of psychiatry. Chiropractors clearly make people feel better, regardless of whether the main effect is mental or physical, so you can't argue that they provide no valuable service.

You can, however, debate whether medical insurance should cover regular chiropractic services. I'd be interested in that. Not here though. ;-)

Shane