On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 16:05 -0500, Andrew McNabb wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 01:00:40PM -0800, Hill, Greg wrote:
> > > Let me be radical and propose:
> > >
> > > if value:
> > >     print 'match'
> > > else:
> > >     print 'not a match'
> >
> > print ($value) ? 'match' : 'not a match';
> >
> > Yay for tertiary operators.  Of course, Python may or may not have
> > those, I wouldn't know.  I'm a Perl bigot.
> >

> Recent perl will let you do:
>
> print ('match' if value else 'not a match')

It may be ugly to you, but it is fairly logical from an english grammar
point of view, although it would be more logical to have this construct:

print 'match' if value otherwise print 'sdfsdf'

That's more in line with a logical english sentence.  I think I'd prefer
C's syntax for this kind of thing to this new python syntax.