Nathan

> I am considering a group of services for television, but want to order
> one that will work with MythTV.

do you plan to record HD?

comcast is just slightly more compatible if my reading is correct on this. You can directly decode a lot of the comcast signals including HD if you have the right card.

the less desirable option is to have the receiver box do its job and hand over an analog or 1394 signal to your box for recording. then you get into remote controlling the receiver and all that good stuff. It's the only option if you want all the different comcast channels or if you want to use dish or another sat provider with their proprietary modulation.

disclaimer: I've had sketchy success with this stuff myself and only tried with comcast.

brad