Bryan Sant wrote:

Through my career I've found the following things to be true:

1) Salary caps for a given job are a figment of one's imagination.

If you have mad skills and you are genuinely valuable to an
organization, you can always negotiate a higher salary.  Your employer
I took a lower paying job when I graduated college(school and I don't do well), but I found this to be true. I negotiated a much higher pay with in a year and half because I provided that much value to the company(at one point I gave my two weeks). Now I may have gone to work for another company at a higher initial pay that was less willing to negotiate, and would have been worse off. So I agree you might be better off going to work for a company at a lower pay if that company is willing to raise your pay higher quicker, but it's hard to know that unless you know someone who is already there. I just got lucky.

Kyle

Kyle

--
no amount of fear can stop the rise of free media, or free software (they are
the same, after all)

Jonathan Swartz
CEO Sun Microsystems