Quoting Michael L Torrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hopefully this won't get lost in all the noise on the list.

Has anyone successfully set up two ISC dhcp servers in failover
configuration?  I'm trying to follow the guide at
http://www.madboa.com/geek/dhcp-failover/ but I'm not having any
success.  Bringing up the primary dhcp server doesn't properly see that
the secondary isn't running yet, and so dhcp requests just get unanswered.

My second problem is more of a Cisco one.  How can I specify two dhcp
server in the vlan configuration?  ip helper address only lets you set a
single IP address, which seems kind of odd to me.

Michael

One thing that might work for you is the Linux-ha project.

http://www.linux-ha.org/

Using heartbeat to control your service, in this case dhcpd. Then use an IP Alias that move's with a failure to the other machine. It then would do gratuitous arp broadcast to get the MAC/IP pair in sync with the current machine. You could use DRBD to keep configuration and lease files in sync realtime between machines.

John