Well first of all common sense from the part of the poll workers,
should serve to prevent that.
However no one is EVER denied their right to vote this way.  If after
being challenged you assert that you do in fact have the right to
vote, you simply prove it (with ID, mail or whatever), or cast a
provisional ballot.

Provisional does not mean it goes un-counted.  It means that the right
of the ballot caster need to be looked at closer to determine if in
fact that person has the right to vote.

If you cast a vote provisionally you are given a receipt for your
ballot.  You can check online in a couple of days to determine whether
or not it was counted.  If it was determined you did not have the
right to vote, and you still contend that you do, then you go to the
local elections commision and file a formal dispute, or review.

Failing that, we have the judiciary, who do have the right to toss an
entire election, and require that the election be run again.

Sincerely,
Steve