Before there can be another Utah Open Source Conference in 2008, there
needs to be a list of people
who will present on various topics. This is how YOU can contribute to
the conference: by being a
presenter!

 The UTOSC2008 Call For Papers begins now at <http://2008.utosc.com/>!
Papers can be submitted until
 July 1, after which time chosen presenters will be announced.

 Some people are natural public speakers and presenters while others
are reluctant to imagine
 themselves in front of a group of people at a conference. Because
this year's Utah Open Source
 Conference theme is "HOWTO", nobody should feel unqualified or
inexperienced to present. We want
 presenters who can share information at all levels.

 And now, some tough questions.

 What should I talk about?

 You should talk about Open Source software, philosophy, technology,
etc. The theme for this year's
 conference is "HOWTO" so your topic can be targeted at beginners,
experts, or someone in between.

 It may help to see what topics were presented last year. Go to
<http://www.utosc.com/2007/sessions/>
 for information about 2007's conference sessions.

 This year, several sessions will be targetted at beginning or
"newbie" users including those who are
 family members of an Open Source geek. Basic sessions on using
OpenOffice.org, GIMP, or K3B are good
 examples of these types of sessions.

 We are asking for presentations in one of the following categories,
so bear that in mind also:

     * Business
     * Technical
     * Community
     * Education

 What does a response to a call for papers look like?

 You should come up with a brief outline, or abstract, of your
presentation and who would be
 interested. You should also provide some information about you, your
experience with open source
 software and the specific aspects you're proposing to speak about.

 Here's an example of an abstract:

     Title: Open source home security

     This presentation will outline how I have used a
     Linux server, IP cameras, and open source software,
     to provide around-the-clock video and image
     surveilance of my home which is archived for later
     viewing and is available for viewing via the Web
     when I'm not at home.

     The presentation will describe how to set up a
     system similar to mine and what alternatives are
     available for software and hardware in the system.

 What's in it for me?

 There are lots of perks reserved for people chosen to present at the
Utah Open Source Conference!

 Resumé material
     Having presented on a topic at a conference is a great thing to
add to your resumé and could
 make the difference the next time you apply for a job.

 Free admission
     If you're chosen as a speaker, we'll let you — and your family —
into the conference for FREE!

 A picture and a paragraph
     Speakers are asked to submit a digital photo and a paragraph of
biographical information which
 will be seen by those viewing the UTOSC website and those reading the
conference program.

 Warm fuzzies
     Being involved in the Utah Open Source Conference is a great
experience. Just ask anyone who
 was involved in 2007's conference.

 What's that URL again?
     Go to <http://2008.utosc.com/> and get yourself an account. Then