Chris Carey wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Dave Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 When I run this rule, all is well and wireless clients connected to eth1
 get internet access through eth0:

 /sbin/iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface eth0 -j
 MASQUERADE

 But when I use this rule, clients can't access the internet:

 /sbin/iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface ppp0 -j
 MASQUERADE

Do you have the FORWARD rule which allows eth1 to forward to ppp0?

I assume, along with the other posts, that you are referring to this:

Which I did. Forwarding from eth1 to eth0 works. I just can't forward from eth1
to ppp0.

Does anyone know how to debug this? Is there a way to enable verbose iptables
logging? I tried wiresharking but couldn't see any data on my wireless network
(I didn't try it when I had a working NAT to eth0 though). My walking access
point (a.k.a., friendly office mate) has gone home for the evening, so I'll
have to try other things tomorrow.

--Dave