On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Thad Van Ry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 4/17/08, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > Then again, perhaps I do.  Having spent many years of my life working
>  >  on operating system and protocol software for enterprise-class
>  >  routers, it's possible that I have a fair understanding of the
>  >  technologies involved.
>
>  Software and Operating Systems != fiber optic technology

That's 100% true, if you want to be pedantic about it, but pedants are
obliged to read the next few words of what I wrote.  Enterprise-class
routers do "==" fiber optic technology. :-)

>  > I think I understand the loan problem.
>
>  I read this as "I think I understand the loan problem, so I'm not
>  going to take the time to read all sides of the story. I'll just learn
>  about the side I agree with..."

Your interpretation is incorrect, but I am to blame for the misunderstanding.

Perhaps I should have written "Having read the referenced report and
having actively followed UTOPIA's progress since 2004, I think I
understand the loan problem as well as anyone can."

I know some (most?) people can't believe it, but it is possible to be
informed about UTOPIA and still be quite opposed to it. :-)

Cheers,
Chris