On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 03:47:05PM -0400, Grant Shipley wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 4:11 PM, Grant Shipley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I just had to vent and I know the PLUG loves OT conversations. :)
> >
> > http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_prices/index.htm
> >
> > Does our government not realize this is killing the average American?
> > Has the president even made a comment about how this is hurting
> > families?  Or -- maybe they don't care as they get money from the oil
> > and auto companies to get them elected and tax the crap of out gas to
> > pay their salary?  Or maybe its because they have state owned cars
> > where they don't have to pay for gas?
>
> Whoaaa... What? Me?  Shamelessly replying to a thread I started in
> 2005 predicting the price of Gas at 4.00?  :)
>
> In all seriousness though... I told ya so.  A big argument back in
> 2005 was that it is related to supply and demand.  I recently read
> (citation left out intentionally as I wave my hands in the air) that
> demand for gasoline has dropped 4% so far this summer.  One would
> think that if demand decreases, so would the cost?  But what do I
> know... I am just a poor redneck in North Carolina.

The only questions are who is surprised at this, and which hole in the
sand did they have their heads in? (Probably an exclusive diet of
American media.)

I'm going to keep right on driving my Suburban for the nonce. That way
I'll be able to drive it while fuel prices are stil low. $4.00/gallon?
You ain't seen nothing yet nohow.

And if McCain gets elected, expect it to go up faster than if Obama
gets elected.