Thus said Charles Curley on Wed, 04 Jun 2008 16:19:59 MDT:

> The only questions are who is surprised at this, and which hole in the
> sand did  they have  their heads  in? (Probably  an exclusive  diet of
> American media.)

Apparently there are  a lot of people surprised by  it... why else would
public figures and their followers petition congress for a solution when
prices get ``too high'' or at  ``critical levels''? As if price controls
is something that congress should be involved in.

> I'm going to keep right on driving my Suburban for the nonce.

I hope  you do  keep driving it.  If you start  curbing your  demand for
gasoline, then we may never arrive  at an alternative energy source. :-)
Maybe once  the prices get  high enough, someoe will  seriously consider
developing an alternative  since the profits will certainly  be worth it
then.

> And if McCain  gets elected, expect it  to go up faster  than if Obama
> gets elected.

So, if the pain  comes more slowly its better? It would  seem to me that
the  end results  of the  policies implemented  by the  ``ruling class''
don't differ much. Sure, they may have superficial differences when they
are sold to the  public --- assuming the public even has  any say in the
matter ---  that lead  many to  believe that there  is a  major partisan
division, but is there really that much difference in the end?

Andy
  8:00pm  up 30 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.07, 1.08, 0.97