On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 21:33 -0600, Justin Findlay wrote:
> On AD 2008 July 06 Sunday 02:56:06 PM -0700, Josh Coates wrote:
> > yes, and no.  the .50 is live and registered w/ the federal government, the
> > 76mm barrel is live, but the breach has been demilled and so the gun is
> > non-functioning.  perhaps next year i will replace the breach and register
> > it.  i have a federal curio and relic license (i only collect vintage ww2
> > items.)
>
> How hard do you think it would be to get a WWII mustang (the P-51
> variety)?

Oh, is it open mic night for the war relic guru? Well then, I've got a
WWI M1917 rifle which I inherited from my grandpa, much like the one
pictured here[1]. I've read a bit about them in general but would like
to learn more about my rifle in particular, i.e. who carried it (not my
grandpa as he was still in diapers), where, when, etc. Any thoughts on
whether information like that exists and if so where it might be had?

Corey

1. http://highspeedlane.net/m1917/1917rsb.jpg