Thus said Von Grant Fugal on Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:21:01 MST:

> Price inflation IS monetary inflation. The only other way to get price
> inflation  is  with  severe  economic  downturn. That  is  to  say,  a
> pronounced decrease in production, in wealth.

Keep it  up, you're  starting to  sound more Austrian  all the  time! As
Rothbard put it:

     To put it another way:  a continuing, sustained inflation--that is,
     a persistent rise in overall prices--can  either be the result of a
     persistent, continuing fall in the supply  of most or all goods and
     services, or of a continuing rise  in the supply of money. Since we
     know that  in today's world the  supply of most goods  and services
     rises rather  than falls each year,  and since we know,  also, that
     the money  supply keeps  rising substantially  every year,  then it
     should be crystal clear that increases  in the supply of money, not
     any  sort of  problems from  the supply  side, are  the fundamental
     cause of our chronic and accelerating problem of inflation.

> I'll  be more  specific. Is  it a  staple of  austrian economics  that
> inflation is good?

If you read the links I sent earlier, you will hear a resounding NO.

Andy