On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:16:17PM -0700, Spencer Gibb wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Spencer Gibb <spudg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > it responds with 'lif file'  I found this link and am trying it
> > http://www.hpcc.org/datafile/hpil/lif_utils.html
>

> I'm not having much luck with those utilities.  Anyone else have experience
> with IAB or lif files?

file is good but not perfect. Much of what it does is based on
guesses, hacking closed or proprietary formats and other kludges. So
take what it returns as an educated guess. Looking at the web page, I
see a reference to the HP 41, an HP calculator of yore. So I doubt
those utilties are what you want.