On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Kimball Larsen
<kimb...@kimballlarsen.com> wrote:
> I would like to get emails if the temperature in my server room (or the temp
> on certain sensors of my servers) ever goes up past a certain threshold.
>  What tools exist and what configurations should I consider to do this?

It's funny, I've been researching exactly this same thing this
morning. I got a good start by looking at the config files posted
here:

http://forums.cacti.net/about8323.html

If you're familiar with SNMP, it shouldn't be a big deal to make sense
of the OID in those files. If you're not familiar with SNMP, I humbly
suggest this primer:

http://blog.josephhall.com/2009/01/quick-snmp-primer.html

If you're interested in external hardware, Tensai up in Idaho showed me this:

http://www.weathershop.com/temptrax-E.htm

--
Joseph
http://blog.josephhall.com/