Ryan Byrd wrote:
> i've used http://minishowcase.net/
>
> "minishowcase is a small and simple php/javascript online photo
> gallery, powered by AJAX/JSON that lets you put easily your images in
> an online gallery, without having to configure databases or changing
> and customising code (though you may do it if you feel so) allowing to
> have an up-and-running gallery in a few minutes."

Scott, I haven't used minishowcase but this description and the demo
makes me think it would be ideal for your situation. Gallery is a bit
heavyweight - it takes some configuration and while it's a walk in the
park for a LAMP expert it is somewhat involved.

As for security, if minishowcase doesn't have it built in you can very
easily add HTTP auth with a simple .htaccess file.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach