On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Scott Morris<scottmor...@suseblog.com> wrote:
> When you have been hacked:

I don't mean to be a downer, but I've got bad news... The only thing
to do if you've already *been hacked* is re-install and rebuild from
trusted sources.  Really, they've out smarted you once, are you going
to give them another chance?

Well, I guess if you had md5/sha1 sums (that you can trust) of every
file on your system and you're willing to go file-by-file and verify
them when mounted on a trusted system (*not* the one that was hacked),
then, maybe, you could sleep again at night knowing all is well.

I've got good news too... Installing Linux has never been easier and
this will give you a change to test your CAREFULLY written and
THOROUGHLY tested recovery plan.

Best,
Gabe

P.S. As one citizen of n00btown to another, Howdy!