On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Dave Smith<d...@thesmithfam.org> wrote:
> I already have a good marshaling method: Google Protocol Buffers. Now I
> need some good software for sending messages to and from different parts
> of the system.

Is this the same thing that you looked at IRC for?  I seem to recall
something about that.  Anyway, it looks like AMQP might be what you're
looking for.  I've never done anything with it, but it fits the bill.

I'd personally use twisted to hack something together.  Twisted does
have an AMQP implementation; I have no idea how good/bad it is.

This is kinda interesting...
http://us.pycon.org/2009/conference/schedule/event/28/

Let us know what you end up going with.  It would be interesting to
hear why you picked it.

Best,
Gabe