I read it as "Quit harassing me to use your favorite OS.  I have
something I like that doesn't take significant time to do what I
want.  That way I can use that time on more important things (to
her)".  Does she care about linux in particular?  No, she cares about
doing other things that are more important to her.

And personally, I figure that sending emails to tell someone why they
are a lazy bonehead for not realizing how great linux is may be a
terrible way to change someone's opinion.  And lest we think that's a
bit over the top, I've seen lazy and doubts about her integrity in
this email chain.  Not the best selling position that I've ever seen.

Jason