On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Matthew Frederico <mfreder...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You doing straight Brazilian Jujitsu or do you have a stand-up premise?
> I am doing Krav Maga in Lehi - we went over the basics of ground fighting
> and I found I quite enjoyed it.

I have been doing a lot of BJJ.  My ground skills are definitely my
weakest area, but I'm making decent improvements.

I have a black-belt in Kempo Karate.  I'm a two-time undefeated
middleweight champion in bare-knuckle karate (back in '97 - '98).
I've done some kickboxing.  In short, I'm very comfortable with the
stand-up fighting aspects of the game.  I still train in Muay Thai,
and some boxing, but I have been spending most of my time training
BJJ, wrestling, and trying to leverage my stand-up striking skills for
ground-and-pound.

So far I've developed good defensive jiujitsu skills.  I can keep a
good JJ guy from submitting me (most of the time), but I still rely
heavily on strikes to finish the fight on my feet or on the ground.
I'll try for an armbar or a triangle from time-to-time, but when the
going gets tough, I usually just resort to driving a fist or elbow
down into the guys face.

-Bryan