On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Stuart Jansen <sjan...@buscaluz.org> wrote:
> Has anyone had a good experience with 802.11n? Can you recommend a
> reliable access point?
>
> I'd like to get a new access point for home, but so far my experience
> with 802.11n has been pretty poor. It's great when it's working, but
> prone to losing association and refusing to re-associate. Unfortunately
> I don't know if that's because the access point at work is crap, the
> Intel wireless in T61p is crap, or both.
>
> Help me Obi-Wan Plug! You're my only hope!

I have a D-Link 655 that I picked up from Costco.  I frequently lost
association with the access point until I enabled WPA2 encryption.  It
seems that if encryption was disabled, my wireless clients (both Linux
and Windows) would constantly seek for the strongest signal, which
would sometimes try to connect to near-by Digis or other unencrypted
WISP signals.  Once I enabled encryption it seems that my clients
would then "hone in" on only my AP and none other.  I haven't read
anything to back up this anecdote, but I wonder if you or other have
had similar issues.

Once WPA2 encryption was enabled, my connections have been solid.

-Bryan