On 06/24/2010 09:44 AM, Charles Curley wrote:
> I realized that what was farkled was not the kernel itself, but the
> initrd. So I made a backup copy of the fallback kernel's initrd. I then
> purged the hibernate package. In the process of removing it, apt
> created a new initrd -- replacing the farkled one, not the fallback
> initrd. So that solved that problem.
>
> I have rebooted to the newer kernel.
>
> I still don't have a menu entry for hibernating, though.

It sounds like you're using hibernation with an encrypted swap device.
Is that even possible? ;-)  Has it worked before?

Also, I am interested to hear if you have really had a good experience
with hibernation on Linux.  On my laptop, sleeping works well, but
resuming from hibernation takes far too long to be worthwhile.

Shane