On 09/17/2010 02:48 AM, Levi Pearson wrote:
> I would venture a guess that these people are more busy with other
> things than lazy, and are probably as annoyed with you for sending
> long, wordy emails with multiple topics to reply to as you are with
> them for not taking the time to properly contemplate your missives.
> Whether they post to the top or the bottom has nothing to do with it.

That's an amazingly creative insult!  And assuming quite a lot to boot.

You'd guess wrong then.  The specific examples of the top-posting and
not reading behavior I've experienced recently were definitely not the
result of "long, wordy emails with multiple topics to reply to."  One
involved a mere 4 sentences on my part.  They were relevant to his area
of responsibility, and were legitimate questions.

I'd post a specific example, but I doubt you'd read or care.  Top
posting indeed has much to do with it.

> Grow up, guys.  There's a world outside of unixoid operating systems,
> system administration, and internet tradition.  Not everyone cares
> about what you care about.

Did you even read what I wrote?  This isn't about tradition or "unixoid"
stuff.  This is about professional business communication.