php was originally written in perl and then recompiled in c in
subsequent versions so you will probably find the most familiarity with
perl . That being said the real issue here is your skill as a programmer
vs how readable you want to force your self to be. If you feel that
others can read your code easily then perl is a good choice, however if
you often find others struggling to read your code then python will fix
that. I personally find that perl handles complex data structures
easily. Python in my experience takes a little more finessing to get the
same result.

the short of it is this
python good for team dev/future readers
perl shorter dev time.