On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 18:51, Charles Curley <
charlescur...@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> Anyone here use cakephp? A few questions:
>
> * If you install it by deb package, how do you initialize a project?
>
> * Where does it keep its logs?

I haven't used cakephp, so I can't help specifically, but you can do some
things to figure out where it's installed. If you have the debian package,
you can use dpkg to show what files the package contains:

dpkg -c cakephp.foo.deb

If you are using apt, it usually stores the Debian packages
in /var/cache/apt/archives/. You will probably find the Debian package for
cakephp there. If that doesn't work, you can always try
http://packages.debian.org or the package site for your distro.

The file listing should give you a good idea of where it's installed and
probably have a readme files or something to help you get started using it.