On 03/21/2011 06:58 PM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Plug,
>
> It's been about two years since I turned to the PLUG for hardware
> advice (I was looking for a document scanner at that time).  I was
> pretty darn pleased with the direction I was given.
>
> Fast-forward 24 months... I've done some research on projectors, but I
> thought I'd ask here if anyone has any recommendations.  I'd say the
> things I'm after are portability, price and quality (in that order).
> I've got a few models that I've kinda narrowed it down to, but I'd
> like to hear about your collective experiences.
>
> So, any advice on buying projectors?
>
> As before, I'll be sure to let you know what I've selected and how
> well it's turned out. Thanks for your consideration :)

I tried an M1 Ultimate from Aaxa:

http://www.aaxatech.com/

Unfortunately, the M1 was not bright enough for what I wanted, but they
say the M2 is brighter.  If portability is your first priority, you
should definitely check them out.  The lamp life and price are excellent
too.  The fan is a bit loud in the M1, don't know about the M2.

Shane