It's been a little while since I've posted any sort of announcements
on here, but I thought a few of you might be interested in a project
I've recently started, called Silver.

Today, I released version 0.2 of Silver. Silver is a full-fledged
development environment built on one machine built purely in Python.
Silver (formerly PyCamps) is inspired by the Perl based DevCamps
project created by EndPoint. The idea is simply to make it easy for
developers to have their own little environments to build web
applications.

Silver is built to enable work on several projects in small, reusable
areas, called camps. Focused on web applications, Silver helps to make
quick and easy-to-manage environments. Each camp uses version control,
and gives the developer ultimate control. Silver enables an easy
workflow for quality assurance, integration testing and deployment to
production for each project in similar workflows.

Building a camp is simple, easy and very flexible for both corporate
and community projects. I'd like to get some feedback on it and am
looking forward to continuing work toward more power and flexibility.

More information can be found at the documentation -
http://projects.purpleatom.com/silver/0.2/index.html

Tell me what you think! It is of course open source, with an MIT
licence, and I am hoping some of you will join up and help the project
grow!

If you are interested, please join the Silver Project google group
(http://groups.google.com/group/silver-project/) and let's build the
awesome development environment of the future with Python!

Cheers,

Clint Savage
(aka herlo)