Since you asked publicly, I'll answer the same way, to answer the questions for
others
as well.

On Fri, May 20, 2011 12:54 pm, Jason Van Patten wrote:
> about how many windows terminals are you running?

Checking with our current admin (who is unfortunately moving on to a better
job), there
are 3 servers, and ~50 workstations. There is a domain, but he has not yet been
able to
get approval for his rollout plan to migrate all of the workstations onto the
domain.

> do you have an intranet?

Single site, no real intranet. We have VPN for some employees, and a
site-to-site to our
racks.

> I assume you are running Apache.

Yes, all web servers are running LAMP, on CentOS (with 1 or 2 exceptions to the
OS, but
they're not hosting customers).

> Are you using php or perl for your website and how stable is it
> currently? As in does it go down more than twice a year?

PHP, and it's quite stable from the server perspective. The new software
platform is
still under active development, and has plenty of bugs still, but those
problems are
handled by the dev team, not the admin. The only downtimes I can remember in
the last
year were caused by network or power issues at the colo. We had a couple
scheduled
downtimes for maintenance, but nothing other than that.

> Not sure i want a network admin job i really enjoy the programming i
> currently do, but i have over 5 years of exp in the military and at nuskin.

>From your other email, I'm guessing this position isn't for you. We need a
>full time
admin. You didn't ask, but we have 2 mostly full racks of servers (almost all
2U), and
lots of work that needs to be done, due to some planned migrations of customers
in the
next year between different website platforms.

--
Matthew Walker                          HAM Call Sign: N7TOX