I work at Adaptive.

I don't know what all FOSS tools are used by the GUI/frontend team, as
I work on the core Moab scheduler.

We (the Moab team) are a Linux shop, and most of us do most of our
development in Vim/Gvim. I pretty much live in tmux with Vim and GDB
open most of the time. Most of the guys run Ubuntu, but if you can
demonstrate to the IT guys that you know what you're doing, you can
install whatever flavor of Linux you want, so long as you can get a
few key packages to work. We've got or have had a few guys running
Debian, a Gentoo box or two, and I (and possibly a couple other guys)
run Arch.

Moab is our focus, although we have a small team devoted to the open
source Torque resource manager. Maui is pretty much dead in the water,
and most of the Maui-era client commands to get data from Moab are
deprecated. Moab's internals are significantly different and better
than Maui, although understanding Maui would be a good jumping off
point for Moab. Our code-base is pretty big (600k lines give or take
50k), but we have an internal coding standard that makes for lots of
lines, the main focus being code readability in a 80 by __ terminal.
The code-base is pretty gnarly, but is improving, and our latest
release actually saw a net reduction in total lines of code, even
though we added some significant new functionality.

Adaptive Computing is a great place to work. We have a lot of good
people working here, and we have a lot of growth potential in the
pipeline. We do a lot of interesting stuff, and as has been said, we
do a lot of work with interesting customers. Over half of the Top 500
supercomputers run Moab, and I've run GDB on Roadrunner (the first
petaflop supercomputer). We're currently looking for a C developer for
the Moab team, so if any of you are interested, send me your resume
and I'll make sure it goes on the top of the pile. If anybody has any
more questions just let me know.

We also have marshmallow blowgun wars most Fridays after work. :)

--
Alex Esplin