On Tue, June 7, 2011 8:40 pm, Charles Curley wrote:

> This reminds me of the routine monthly maintenance on the original Apple
II. Once a month, remove every external and internal cable. Pull every
card, clean the contacts with an eraser. Pull every socketed chip.
Reseat the chips. Reinstall the cards. Reinstall the cables.

We had one from 1979 onward (Dad *still* has it), and I don't remember
doing such 'monthly maintenance' on the Apple ][ (or the AppleSoft card /
other peripherals).

I remember cleaning a peripheral slot card maybe once or twice over all
that time.  Never needed to actually *pull* chips, but pressing down on
them from time to time was certainly necessary.

Ah, the good old days.

RyanE