On 1/19/2012 2:54 AM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've got a couple SuperMicro servers that I've been sinking my time
> into. They've been nothing but poorly documented/supported and
> disappointing. I was trying to make them work as I have an approaching
> deadline, but enough is enough.  I think I'm just going to pick up
> some HP ProLiant DLs. I still have a deadline, so I'm wondering if
> anyone knows of a reseller that's well stocked and ships quickly.
>
> BTW, in this case, the cloud can't come to the rescue.
Locally, PC Discounters tends to be a couple days from deliver-ability
of several server options, but .  I like them.  Newegg obviously has
what they have, but they don't test it, so it could be DoA, so, yeah.
Mixed bag always.  (I love Newegg, don't get me wrong.)  I know of no
Dell/HP resellers that can move that quick.  They tend to order custom
stuff from Dell/HP when you order, in my experience.

The only problem I've ever had with the Supermicro's and Linux is the
occasional NIC driver issue, and likely only because we've been using
stock Debian.  I have had RAID card issues in the past as well, but
that's obviously not server vendor specific.  It might be faster to
figure this one out, really.  (Call me if I might be of help there.)

Good luck.

-Tod Hansmann