On 03/13/2012 03:32 PM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> I'd like to get a better idea of what people are interested in for PLUG
> meetings, so I thought we could do a survey.  Before I publish it, I
> thought it would be helpful to make sure I have included answers that
> should be included, so we don't end up with a bunch of "Other" answers.
>    So, please let me know what you think of these questions and the
> possible answers I came up with, and if there are any additional
> questions or answers you think would be helpful.  Thanks!

1. What operating system do you prefer for servers?
   - FreeBSD (Ever since 4.4 baby!!)

2. What operating system do you prefer for desktops?
   - Arch
   - Windows ( Hello, my name is John and I, am a Steam-a-holic.. Long
Live Gordon Freeman!!!!)

3. Do you manage Linux servers?
   - Yes, < 10

4. Do you manage Linux desktops/laptops (not including your own)?
   - Yes, < 10

5. Do you run Linux on your personal desktop or laptop?
   - Yes

6. If you are a programmer, which languages do you typically use?
   - Perl (All hail St Larry and his gift to mankind!!)
   - Ruby (It's purdy at least..)
   - Javascript (1413 async threads and counting)

7. If you use databases, which databases do you typically use?
   - MySQL
   - PostgreSQL
   - CouchDB

8. Which shell do you prefer?
   - zsh

9. How proficient are you at shell scripting?

10. Which windowing environment do you prefer?
   - KDE (up until 4.8 started making X munge 105% of my CPU)
   - Cinnamon (Testing it now, liking it so far)
   - Xfce (Fallback)

11. What tablet(s) do you own, if any?
   - Nope

12. What smart phone(s) do you own, if any?
   - Android 2.3

13. What other semi-related topics are you interested in?
   - Media Servers (DLNA/uPnp/IceCast/Subsonic)
   - Routing/NAT/Firewall via FreeBSD PF
   - File Servers (NAS, but not FreeNAS)
   - Jailed Environments (BSD Jails, OpenVZ)
   - Virtualization (Xen, KVM, VirtualBox)
   - Vim
   - That $35 Mini Computer that was made to help teach programming.
   - USB Radio Transmission (mp3 -> (A|F)M Radio)
   - Digital Audio Production (Recording Instruments, Mixing and
Arranging Tracks into Songs et al.)
   - IRC, XMPP, Wave and other online based communication (Installation,
Administration, etc)
   - Dedicated Steam Server on FreeBSD and Linux.

14. Which meeting times would you be able to attend?
   - Thursday 6:30pm
   - Thursday 7:00pm

--
John D Jones III