On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 09:49 -0600, John D Jones III wrote:
> Quite personally, I would rather be set on fire than have to work with
> Django OR PHP. Whitespace should never EVER be cause for a fatal error
> in a web app, and both are guilty of this.

What are you talking about?

If you're talking about about accidental whitespace in a require()'d
file, that's trivial to avoid. You probably haven't used PHP much or
you'd realize you don't have a leg to stand on. Nonetheless, I'll give
it to you because PHP is a horrible language for other reasons.

Django doesn't have an equivalent problem, so you must be talking about
Python's use of whitespace instead of curly braces. In which case I'm
going to have to point out you really don't know what you're talking
about here either.

I too was annoyed at first by significant whitespace, but kept using
Python for other reasons. Give it a year and you'll realize significant
whitespace is a great design choice. Reading someone else's Python code
is easier than just about any other language. Sure, whitespace isn't the
only or even primary reason, but it's part of the larger philosophy that
makes Python so readable.