Since we seem to have a pretty active list today, I'll ask a question
that I've been saving up, and get people's opinions.

At my work, we've been kicking around the idea of using tablets
(probably Android) as remote sysadmin tools, rather than the linux
netbooks we currently use.  Since I don't have a tablet myself, I don't
really know whether or not this is viable or not.  I'm hoping someone on
the list has tried it, and can say whether its a good idea or not, and why.

Basically, what I need to be able to do is something like this:
- Web browser
- IM (XMPP)
- VPN (either Cisco AnyConnect or OpenVPN)
- Email
- SSH
- remote text editing (vim inside ssh session?)

I'm not looking at routinely doing coding, etc.  For example I
understand that without a full-size keyboard, I'm not going to get the
typing speed or accuracy I'm used to, etc.  I'd just like to know if the
solution lands on the continuum of difficulty; eg. a "works great, have
fun", a "kinda works, but painful", or a "you really are a masochist,
aren't you?"

Thanks,

--
Lloyd Brown