It is impossible to please everyone in this group, so don't bother trying.
That's what makes it so fun. Just enjoy the flame wars and grumbling.

But if you send a private message to the entire list, remember that Google will
never forget.

These two articles are good to be aware of:

http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml

And these two are just for fun:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/mel.html
http://homes.cs.washington.edu/~weise/unix-haters.html

As far as clients go, any standard Linux client should work fine: KMail,
Thunderbird, Evolution, Mutt.

Cheers,

Richard

On Tuesday October 2 2012 08:51:40 Matt Melvin <rage_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > CC: plug@plug.org
> > From: robertmerr...@gmail.com
> > Subject: Re: New member in Lehi
> > Date: Mon, Oct 012 0::8::7 -600<
> > To: plug@plug.org
> >
> > Welcome! I'm top-posting and sending in rich text to ensure an [OT] flame
> > war netiquette thread starts shortly hereafter. ...It's the best kind of
> > welcome we know how to give!
>
> I now realize I've committed (and am still currently committing) a mailing
> list faux pas (or two).
> The good news is, I've discovered the "Plain text" setting in Hotmail's web
> interface.  I'd rather
> switch over to my gmail account, but I guess I wasn't sure how much posting
> to a mailing list would
> expose my email address to spam via bots/spiders.  Go easy on me... I'm brand
> new to mailing lists.
> Any references for good mailing list netiquette would be much appreciated.
> Also, any tips on an email
> client to use that will ensure proper, plain text messages and appropriate
> line length, etc., and will
> make these threads easier to read?  I've been doing a lot of distro-hopping
> and I use several
> different machines (also, different OSes), so I don't really even have an
> email client that I use
> consistently right now.
>
> So pretty much, I want to do right by as many people as possible here, but
> it's a whole new (old)
> world, so I'd like some direction.
>
> And thanks for the strange welcome!...
>

> Matt