On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 02:54:03PM -0700, Nathan England wrote:
> Just curious if any of you have run tor relays for others to use and what
> network you are on. Have you contacted your ISP to get permission??? What was
> their response?

I ran a middle node on my Comcast connection for years, and never heard
anything from them. I donated half of my available bandwidth, and just let
it sit. My wife and I never noticed any problems with latencies, or poor
throughput for the stuff we needed to do from time-to-time, and Comcast
never contacted me about the data. This was before they put out their 250
GB cap, and started throttling Bittorrent also.

With regards to the data flowing in and out of the pipes, no doubt that
criminals are using it for bad traffic, but I suspect that's the exception,
not the rule. I would be willing to bet that most Tor traffic is actually
legitimate traffic, seeing as though the bad guys already have access to
better options than Tor.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o