Hence a phrase that has passed into hitchhiking slang, as in "Hey, you sass
that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
(Sass: know, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy;
frood: really amazingly together guy.)

(
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Towel_Day_origin_page_from_The_Hitchhikers_Guide_to_the_Galaxy.jpg
 )

That was from the book.  But I could have sworn that the radio scripts (or was
it the tv mini-series?) said "Froopy Dude".  Anyone have a reference for it?

-Steve