The following was posted by Jeff Beatty at Mozilla to the UTOS site:

Hey everyone!

My name is Jeff and I work on Firefox localization for Mozilla. I believe I met some of you several months back when I came by the old Orem Transistor space with a colleague of mine from India.

I wanted to reach out and let you all know that I’m working on building a Mozilla community in Utah. I’d love to see if any of you are current contributors to the Mozilla project or if any of you would be interested in helping out in your spare time. So far we’ve had some awesome hacking sessions on localizing Firefox into a couple of different languages. On Nov. 5th we’ve arranged to show a free, public screening of the documentary “Terms and Conditions May Apply” which is all about the gradual morphing of internet privacy terms for companies like Google and Facebook, to allow them to share ALL your data with the NSA, FBI, CIA, and any other government organization that desires to have it and what Mozilla and you can do to stop it. It would be a great opportunity for anyone who doesn’t know what Mozilla’s about to learn more and meet local Mozillians.

If you’d like to come to the event on November 5th, seats are limited, so you’ll have to reserve your seat here: http://mozutah.eventbrite.com/ . If you want to stay in the know about future Mozilla events in Utah, join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mozilla.utah/ .

I’m looking forward to seeing how we might all leverage one another’s efforts and continue to promote the maker and open source spirit throughout Utah!

Thanks,
Jeff Beatty
jbea...@mozilla.com
@mozilla_l10n