Thus said Levi Pearson on Fri, 17 Jan 2014 23:48:43 -0700:

> Depends on how narrow you want  to be with your definition of currency
> and what you mean by "legal". If you mean "sanctioned by the state for
> the  payment  of  taxes  and other  legal  obligations",  then  you're
> probably right. If  you mean "not illegal to use  for private trade in
> limited markets", then I think arguments could be made.

I mean, how  many States do not  have legal tender laws  and allow their
citizens to choose  whatever money they want for exchange  in any market
they in  which they  desire to participate,  not ``limited  markets?'' I
don't consider Disney tokens (or whatever they might use), turkey bucks,
or any other gimmick that businesses  use to keep their customers coming
back as money.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 4000000052da2be2