On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Levi Pearson <levipear...@gmail.com> wrote:

> See the source
> file pdf_main.ps for the definition of runpdfbegin, for example.  They
> do have a document describing the structure of their code base, at
> least at a high level: http://ghostscript.com/doc/current/Source.htm

Yeah, I eventually cloned the repo and I've started looking through the
actual PostScript code of the interpreter.   It's not too well documented
though and the stack based coding is starting to hurt my head. I think I'm
slowing figuring out what I want to do, however.

> I don't know PostScript well, so I didn't dig too deeply, but it
> doesn't appear to be designed as a user-level API.

Yeah, I realize that now.  I was seeing it in several example scripts
(including on stack overflow) and so I thought it was going to be otherwise.

Well I'm almost done with what I started at this point, so I think I'll
just finish it up.

-John